Saturday, November 14, 2009

Like Ike!

Two days ago Parker says to me that he needs a band aid on his finger for an ouchy. Although this behavior is common with the girls, Parker doesn't tend to put on band aids for no reason. So I gave him one. A while later, he said he needed another one. A longer one. That stretched around his thumb. Huh? What the hell is he talking about. I tell him there aren't long band aids. I ask him again what he wants. He patiently tries to explain, but I'm still lost. So I say, "I'm not really sure what you want." He says, "I want it like Ike has it."

Ike is a kid at school and broke his arm. He has a red cast. So I explain as much to Parker and tell him that he can try to get something to have a pretend broken arm, but we don't have one at one. He seems satisfied by that resolution.

So later at the store, we hunt down an ace bandage (in purple!) and when we got home, put it on. He was quite happy. He wanted it back on this morning again.

No comments: