Saturday, November 28, 2009

Natural History and Too Many Kids

On Wednesday, Mom, David and I took the kids to the Natural History Museum in LA. The kids love the animal exhibits at the Cal Academy so I thought they would love this. And they did. But Mom and I did not because apparently we didn't get the memo that it was field trip day at the Museum. We couldn't walk five feet without being swarmed by twenty kids in blue shirts. I can normally navigate such big places with three kids no problem, but all these other kids stressed me out and I just wanted to leave. So after a while we did and visited the nearby rose garden which was lovely. The kids were hungry but the only thing we could find was McDonalds so I waited in line with the 50 or so high school kids who also decided they were hungry for what seemed like days. I was shocked when my mom actually ate a burger and fries, something I've never seen. Everyone then enjoyed an ice cream from a cart and we headed home. It would have been a great place to visit on any other day. Oh well.





No comments: