Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blood.

We were gonna leave about 4pm for a swim team ice cream social and Miranda's choir class. So around 3:45, I gave them a warning and did it again at 3:55. Parker and Elizabeth were downstairs waiting to go, but Miranda was no where to be seen when it was time to go. So I went upstairs and asked her what she was doing. She was doing nothing as it turns out, but I asked her why she wasn't downstairs ready to go. She didn't really have an answer. She came down and went outside where the other kids were waiting and I locked the door. Only then did I realize that Parker was not, in fact, outside. So I went back upstairs, unlocked the door and yelled, "Parker, we're leaving! Where are you?" The only response I heard was crying so I went into the den and saw him there grabbing his head with blood everywhere. Holy Shit! What happened, I asked. He said he was just lying on the couch, rocking back and forth and then he hit his head. He said it hurt. No shit it hurt, blood was pouring down his hand and shirt. We stood at the sink for a while giving it pressure and then I finally looked at it which is easy to do with is crazy white trash haircut and noticed it was a gaping hole. Stitches, for sure I thought. But with Michael out of town, the though of taking them all to ER was horrible. So I called Susan to see if she could help (which she could), texted Michael to see what he thought, and then checked his head again. Still bleeding. Now we had about 8 minutes to get Miranda to choir. Then I turn around and Elizabeth is saying, "Mommy why is it taking so long to leave????" I told her to go back to the car where they had been waiting a good 15 minutes. I walk Parker to the car with a towel and ice pack on his head and we head off. I figured I'd watch it and if the bleeding didn't stop, we'd go to the ER. Luckily it did so we didn't. He's got a nice dried up blood patch on his head now but otherwise he seems fine.

A lovely way to start the evening.

No comments: