Thursday, September 01, 2011

Smart Spot

After school today Elizabeth said she got sad at school because she didn't get to do a project (free time). I asked why and she said that she told a kid that their drawing wasn't beautiful and the teacher heard her and put her in the smart spot. I'm not clear exactly what that means, but I'm guessing it is some kind of time out place. (seems odd piedmont uses a time out place, but...) So I asked what kid it was and she said, "Miranda". At first I was annoyed they used time outs but then I was happy that they used whatever discipline they created on her "even if it was only her sister". In fact, the teacher said, "Elizabeth, it's not ok to tell other children their work isn't good. Even Miranda."

Elizabeth definitely understood the situation and consequences and says she won't do it again. I won't hold my breath.

No comments: