Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our walk.

After naps today, we stayed home. I didn't feel like doing another outing. But by 4:45, the kids were pretty antsy, so I got them some shoes and jackets and we went on a walk. I risked not taking a stroller and it wasn't a bad payoff. Miranda walked the entire way all around the block. It was pretty impressive. Parker acted like a little boy rather than a straggling 2 year old as he led the way around the neighborhood. Elizabeth decided that walking in the opposite direction of everyone else was a good idea. So I had to continually pick her up and turn her around. At one point we were walking and I was holding her hand. She fell to the ground and started crying. I have no idea what that was about, but she stayed cranky the rest of the walk. I basically carried her the rest of the way home, putting her down now and again to see if she felt better. Once at home, she was still cranky, so I thought she must be hungry. I got her in her seat and then finally noticed, she wasn't using her left arm. Damn it! Her arm! Nurse maid elbow strikes again. Poor kid. I thought she was just being moody, but actually she was in pain. Michael came home and I told him the bad news. Then I remembered that my friend, whose husband is a pediatrician, told me (the last time this happened) that he could help rather than deal with an emergency room again for something so minor. I called her, left a message and then left for the ER. She called me as we were pulling into the parking structure. I went to her place where her hubby popped it back into place. Less than one hour after I left, we were home again and Elizabeth's arm was back to new.

Considering I've never done this to Miranda or Parker, he suggested she might just be prone to it. But at least, at some point as her ligaments grow she'll get over this.

Thank god for twin mom friends with doctor husbands!

No comments: