Friday, August 15, 2008

Afternoon at the Lake

Took the kids to Lake Temesacal yesterday. I hadn't done it by myself yet so I was little nervous. Everything went well until we had to leave. These days whenever we leave anywhere, the girls either run in opposite directions (elizabeth) or don't move at all (miranda). If I try to take their hand and walk them the correct direction, they fall to the ground thus risking either Elizabeth Nursemaid's elbow or my back. Neither of which is good.

So my technique is to say good bye to the girl or girls that are not getting with the program. This technique works like a charm every time even if I do have to take a couple steps away first. Unfortunately, it almost always freaks out Parker who thinks, and right fully so because I am damn good actress, that we are in fact leaving without them. He doesn't like that one bit.

It was especially hard yesterday since Elizabeth was naked and we were on sand. Sooner or later, I got them in the stroller and lugged them all back to the car.

Before we left, a family of ducks that we saw on our last visit there came to check us out. They literally walked across our feet and blanket. One even sat down on my towel to rest a while.















No comments: