Sunday, August 17, 2008

Seabright Beach

I took the kids to Santa Cruz yesterday. Ebba and her kids were there visiting her mom and I thought a day at the beach sounded like fun.

I was wrong.

Miranda, who had slept about 6 hours the day before after bedtime and middle of the night screaming festivals, was a complete and total mess. Anytime I was not holding her she was screaming or falling on the sand in hysterics smashing her head into the sand. It was quite unbelievable actually.

Elizabeth and Parker weren't exactly pleasant either, but when they both crawled into the stroller that I lugged down to the beach and went to sleep, I knew they would act better after they woke up. Which they did, but not much better.

Ebba and Lincoln had fun boogie boarding. I think seeing Ebba wipe out on a wave made the whole trip worth it.

When we finally gave up, I lugged all the stuff and screaming kids back to the car. People were actually stopping and staring at me as I walked by. I must have been quite a sight. I person actually stopped to help me, which was sweet. She said, "I have three kids too."

I took the slow way back to Grandma's house since I hadn't been back here in a long, long time. Some things were very different and others. the same. Things were a bit more run down then I recall.

Back at her house, Miranda, who had finally fallen asleep in the car, slept for a bit longer while Elizabeth and Parker played ball with Lincoln and scooted around. Then we all had an early dinner. I had planned to hang out longer, but I was done with all this nonsense and packed up everyone and drove home.

I didn't even take any pics of my kids since I was so annoyed at them all day.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think its time for you to take a little mini vacation by yourself!

Rachel said...

I hear that. Just heading out for a movie and brunch. Thank god.