Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pac n Plays didn't last

When the girls didn't nap today, we knew bedtime would be a real fun time. After one warning, we put them in the pac n plays. About 4 minutes later, Miranda climbed right out. MIRANDA!

Michael and I went upstairs and just stood there looking at each other saying, "What the hell are we suppose to do????"

So we put them in their beds, sat down next to them and me, with my hand on Elizabeth and Michael with his hand on Miranda and we just stayed there like that. They both tried to get up, but we didn't let them. Then they started screaming. I asked Elizabeth, will you stay lying down if I move my hand. She said Yes and kept her word. We did the same with Miranda, but it took 2 or 3 times for it to actually sink in. Then, 5 minutes later, they were asleep. They both woke up at 10:30 and we gave in and gave them some milk (it was really hot up there).

Neither of us were thrilled about this solution, but it's the only thing that has worked in 2 weeks. With the girls only sleeping 8 hours at night and not having naps, they are a wreck. And so am I. It just can't go on. It can't.

1 comment:

Michael said...

It can't go on. It can't. It can't. It can't. Please God make it stop.