Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Toys at Parks...a rant.

What the hell is up with parents who bring toys to the park and then protect their child when some other kids uses the toy? I bring toys (riders or sand toys) to the parks often. Whenever I do it, I tell the kids other kids will use them and if they aren't ok with that, we will leave them in the car. On occasion Parker actually wants to leave whatever it is in the car, but mostly he understands how it works.

Today I brought ghetto sand toys to the park (plastic containers, ladles, etc) and immediately kids came over to see the goods and use them. The parents started to say, "Oh no, Benny, those aren't your toys", but I corrected them and said, Of course they can use them. I guess that is one good thing about twins, they share pretty well with strangers.

But the other day, we were at a park and one of the kids was using some random rider toy. The kid who owned it, who was no where near it, freaked out. Rather than telling the kid to chill out, the mom came over and took it from my kid. 10 minutes later, it was still unused and unattended, so my kid (I can't remember which one I think Eli), went over to use it again and sure enough, the owner kids starts freaking out and mom, once again, comes over to say, Sorry.

Speaking of crap at the park, today I took the bubble maker to the park with us. It's this bubble maker I got for the twin picnic and it's fabulous. It's makes these giant bubbles and all the kids just can't get enough of it. Children came from what seemed miles around to see what could be making such grand bubbles. Kids were amazed and parents were impressed even asking where I got it and what kind of bubbles went in it. Some of the older kids think that it is super cool to sit right in front of the machine popping the bubbles as they are made thus not allowing anyone else to see the bubbles. I warn them once or twice to stop doing that and then I just turn the bubble machine off and take it away. I'm the mean bubble lady. Sue me.

No comments: