Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wouldn't you know it, again.

Last night, Miranda and Elizabeth did good. Not great, but not terrible. After one or two scary, "go to sleep!" yells, they went to sleep without any games or crying. Miranda essentially put her self to sleep like she used to and Elizabeth needed some patting. I think she was hot. So it was 7:30 and all the kids were in bed and quiet. So nice.

Then...Parker starts calling out from our room. I guess he never went to sleep. He was ready to go upstairs. So I took him up and tucked him in.

10 minutes later, he is banging on the wall with his feet. Apparently this is his way to summon us. (Maybe we should get him a little bell...) So daddy goes up and wasn't particularly nice to him (since we were both going to kill him if he woke up the girls.) Parker got very upset and said, "I'm having a hard time at bedtime." Michael stayed with him for a bit, but when it was obviously that wasn't going to work, I went to lie with him for a while. When I was there, I asked him if he was hot. He said, No, "I'm sad." Oh jesus.

So I brought him back downstairs to our bed where I thought he would feel better.

About 30 minutes later, he got up and was at the door saying he was still sad. We are suckers for when Parker says he is sad, so he got to come lie down with me on the couch. I was watching sex and the city so I told him he could just lie with me or go back to bed. That didn't last long and soon enough, he was playing with numbers while keeping one eye on the TV. I was too tird to care. Except, Sex and the city isn't a super kid friendly show. At one point Samatha was screwing someone and the guy said "Ass." Parker thought that was pretty damn funny. Oh great.

So at 10pm I finally told him enough and go back to bed. Which he did and was asleep 10 minutes later. I'm sure I scarred him for life and he'll blame his mother for all his relationship problems.

Girls slept through, minus one short call out from Miranda.

We just can't win.

No comments: