Thursday, August 07, 2008

Tourists for a morning

Today we went on a Ferry Ride. I'd done it before with Parker but never with the girls. Jenna came with us, thank god as I would have been insane to do it alone. Everyone enjoyed the ride over the bay and under the bridge.







I gave the kids a new snack today: celery and cream cheese. I loved it as a kid, but they just liked licking the cream cheese out and smearing it around.





We decided to hit the aquarium first. I've never been and since girls were free, it wasn't that pricey. It was a nice aquarium with a very cool underwater tunnel.


Parker kept saying, I see a 100 fish!







There were some big ass fish in this tunnel. Here Parker kept saying, I see a million fish! Elizabeth just shrieked: Shaaaak, Shaaakkkk



Miranda liked the jelly fish.








Then we went to the touch exhibit where the kids got to feel tiger sharks and starfish. It was a little too big for the girls, but we helped them out.





As we walked along we saw this jumpy thing. Since the only thing Parker likes more than math is jumping, I let him do it even though it was wayyyy overpriced. He loved it. Video below.








Then we made our way to the overpriced merry go round.



And finally the Sea Lions. They are always a hit and the kids were mesmerized.





After a quick stop for some cotton candy, we went back to the ferry. While there, the girls molested Jenna. They just love her.






We were essentially alone on the way home except for the slightly creepy guy that offered the kids cookies. So I let them run around a bit and even go outside.





I think the most fun they had all day was hiding under the table on the ferry.



It was a good outing.

No comments: