Saturday, August 02, 2008

Action Packed Day

Yesterday Parker and I had an action packed day. First we went to swim class where the teacher had to literally hold him back from jumping in the pool and swimming across every 5 minutes. Then a quick stop at playplace so I could read the paper and he could run around. Then we checked out a new place called Cull Canyon. It's a lagoon of sorts in Castro Valley with filtered water and sandy beaches. It was quite nice. Parker seemed to be having fun, but after an hour or so said, "I'm ready to go." Since we couldn't go home yet (the girls were napping), I tried to think of other stuff we could go do. I came up with a movie. He, of course, had no idea what a movie was, but was game. We were about 10 minutes late for Wall-E, but I couldn't imagine it would matter. We sneaked in and he was mesmerized. He sat quietly watching Wall-E have adventures for about 20 minutes. Then he told me he was ready to go. It was right after a big explosion sequence, so I think he was either bored (as I was) or scared. I told him to watch for a few more minutes, but after 5 more, he was done and we left. 30 minutes of movie for 14 dollars. What a deal. Then we stopped at Target before we headed home.

You'd think he would have passed out around 6:30, but with the slumber party and screaming going on upstairs until 9:30, no such luck.

No comments: