Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cake!

Miranda has been asking to make a cake lately. I checked out some recipes and decided on a lemon cake with lemon curd filling and lemon creamcheese frosting. I figured we could use all the damn lemons we have out front.

After securing a sufficient amount of butter (I think we used a 2 cups total), the girls and I set out to make the cake. It was going fairly smoothly (with the occasional break due to kids sticking their hands down their pants and then needing to go wash their hands or putting their mouths on the measuring spoons.) After the cake was in the oven and the frosting was almost done, I had to take the kids to a playdate that Parker really wanted to go to. I left Michael with a half finished cake situation and he wasn't entirely thrilled, but stepped up and made the curd filling and frosting. When I returned home, I assembled and then we all enjoyed. Yum!




1 comment:

Val said...

Mom is great, gives us lemon cake.