Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Zip it.

As I am sure I've mentioned, I let the kids watch a video (Dora, Kipper, Pengu) when I take a shower and sometimes when I make dinner (if it has been a rough day and just need them to be quiet). The morning video is really to ensure they don't get into too much trouble while I am wet and naked.

Elizabeth pretty much asks every day if I'm going to take a shower. (I don't from time to time.) I tell her I don't know. She started asking me a lot about it, reminding me to take one, etc. And then getting pissed if I didn't take one or it wasn't long enough. I told her that if she complained about TV I wouldn't let her watch at all. She got it and with a slight reminder of this, she is quiet about it.

Today, Parker started in on me, telling me how they didn't get to finish dome stupid ass Dora mermaid one yesterday (he didn't say the stupid ass part). I told him that kids that talked about TV wouldn't get to watch any. Elizabeth filled him in on the deal. A few minutes later he said sort of to himself, "If you don't talk about TV at all, you can watch a lot of TV."

Then he came over to me about 20 minutes later and said, "I haven't talked about TV at all."

No comments: