Friday, February 19, 2010

Cleaning day!

For some strange reason, I thought I should clean the kitchen this morning. The girls thought this was pretty cool (a novelty, at least!). They got right to work sweeping, mopping, drying the floor with towels on their feet. Then they wanted to do window so I gave each of them a spray bottle and some wash clothes and they literally cleaned every window, chair, and surface in the kitchen. Usually when the girls "help" me clean, it just creates more mess, but today they actually helped.

The whole time they kept saying, "I love this special day because it is cleaning day!" I'm guessing the Long Family gene is at work here since no Martin woman I know likes to clean.

2 comments:

Kika said...

That's great. How about sending them over to my house now ;)

Val said...

Soon they'll be saying, "Never before 10 and never after 10," and then you'll know that they're Martin girls.