Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ridiculous Conversation

Michael (after I said "nobody puts Baby in the corner" for some forgotten reason): What does that mean?

Rachel: What do you mean what does that mean?

Michael: I mean, What does, Nobody puts baby in the corner mean?

Rachel: Are you seriously asking me that question? Have you not seen dirty dancing?

Michael: Yes. And No, I haven't seen it.

Rachel: Well, Baby is sitting in the corner and Patrick Swayze comes over and says 'Nobody puts Baby (the name of the Jennifer Grey's character) in the corner.' and takes her out.

Michael: Who does he say it to?

Rachel: To her dad. To the room.

Michael: Oh. I thought that...

Rachel, interrupting: I just want to disclose that I will be blogging this conversation so if you continue consider yourself warned...

Michael: Ok. I thought that there was this big dance competition and some other dancing couple got in their way and they couldn't dance so they got mad and said that.

Rachel: (Blank stare).

Michael: I had this whole big dance competition thing all built up in the mind. That is how I always envisioned it.

Rachel: I can't believe we just talked about this.

4 comments:

More of the Howe Girls said...

I think that "dirty dancing" needs to put in the Netflix Queue or better yet watch it on Roku tonight ;)

Ebba said...

I saw Dirty Dancing and didn't remember this. I want to thank Michael for the opportunity for this to be explained to me as well -- someone gave the twins a onesie that said this on it and since I didn't know what it was about, never put it on them because I thought who would put my baby in the corner in the first place?

sara & neil said...

This is awesome! I bought the onesie with this quote for myself years before I had kids.

http://babesinoakland.blogspot.com/2008/09/nobody-puts-baby-in-corner.html

Val said...

Seriously? I've only seen it 20 times. My favorite part is when Patrick Swayze is explaining dancing like the beat of your heart and goes "guh-gung, guh-gung." They just don't write scripts like that anymore.