Friday, August 24, 2007

A good day.

Today was the first day with Elsa. Elsa is a nanny recommended by another twin mom. She will be caring for the girls on Fridays so I can spend the day just with Parker. Almost immediately Parker demanded that she read to him, which is always a good sign. Elsa was a sport about it. After some instructions and kitchen tour, Parker and I left for Waterworld, a water park in Concord. It is the last day of the season that they are open during the week. I was going to get tickets on line to save $5, but I wasn't sure the weather would be good enough for water fun, so I waited. When we arrived, the line was pretty long and it didn't seem to be moving. I was annoyed I hadn't bought them online. After waiting a good 20 minutes, it was our turn. Turns out tickets were all reduced for "the end of the summer", so I was glad I didn't buy them early.

We first went to the wave beach and then found the toddler area where Parker had fun going up and down the kiddie slide. I couldn't take any pictures because I was trying my best not to let him drown. Then I found the life jackets that the gave away to little kids and we went to the bigger slide. He loved going down with Mommy and alone. A nice mom helped him out while I waited in the water for him. He basically loved Waterworld and I look forward to going back with him when he is older.

Back at home, while everyone napped, I went to Trader Joes and the bank. When Parker woke up, we hung out up stairs alone for a while and then came down to play with Elsa and the girls. They were playing with the baskets again and loving it.







After Elsa left, we continued playing but moved to instruments. We had quite the groovy music going there for a while.







Then Michael came up and we had the usual dad love fest. I hadn't prepared dinner, so we improvised some left over french toast and yogurt. I ended the day going off to see Superbad by myself. A funny movie and a good day.




No comments: