Thursday, August 30, 2007

Noe-Update

Well...Noe is no longer with us. She had a hard night barely moving, not eating, heavy breathing. So after another talk with the vet, I took her in today to be euthanized. It went smoothly and I thank Amity again for being there with me.

Noe was a hard cat to love, but she was mine and we were happy with eachother. I still remember the day I got her. I had just moved to a new appartment in Noe Valley and went to the San Francisco animal shelter. There she was in a cage all by herself. She was quiet as a mouse and tiny. I wanted a quiet cat so this was perfect. They said she was 6 weeks old, but she was more like 4 or 5 weeks. I did the paperwork, held her a bit more, did more paperwork and then took her home. Steps outside of the shelter, she started meeping and wouldn't be quiet for days. She conned me big time! We called her "the meeper" for many years.

A few days later, I lost her behind the refridgerator and being the new mom that I was, paid over $500 to have her spayed (duh!) rather than bring her back to the shelter. Funny how lame you are in your youth.

Anyway, she'll finally get some peace away from Zeke. I'll miss her dearly.

No comments: