Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Park

I went exploring for new parks last week and found a great one in San Leandro near Lake Chabot. It has fields, picnic tables, baseball fields, all manner of playground equipment in different sizes, shade, sun, and a water play area. Unlike last week, I came prepared with bathing suits and towels. I plopped the girls down on a blanket, got Parker changed and off he went. It was amazingly crowded when we first arrived, but then when the day camp went to lunch it was almost empty.

Eli was in a cranky mood (sensing a theme here?), but held it together until the very end. Miranda got caught in the water zone which freaked the hell out of her. And a grandpa, who was admiring the twins, informed me that his daughter had twins. Did I know Laura Kidd. Sure I do! And her son Zeland too! Small world, I tell ya.







Back at home, I let the girls play in the living room while I put Parker down for a nap. Ten minutes and one loud bang later, Elizabeth pulled down the barn (luckily not on her head). Back up to Parker, who I tried to rush a bit. When I asked him if he wanted an eskimo or a butterfly kiss he said, "I want 3 more minutes." Which he got.

No comments: