Thursday, February 28, 2008

Big Fat Hen

I got back from Ebba's house today around 12:15. (She had to run some errands with her dad, so I held down the fort with the 6 kids. Which went very well, I must say!). I was putting the girls down for naps and I told Parker 5 more minutes till a nap for him. When I was done with the girls, I went upstairs to deal with Parker. He was not only already in bed, but he had read the first book to himself. Sure, it was only Big Fat Hen*, a book he memorized about a year ago. But it was impressive none the less. Especially considering Ted and Lion were sleeping in their new house (the red barn) and he only had Bob to keep him company.

*1, 2 Buckle My Shoe
3, 4 Shut the Door
5, 6 Pick up Sticks
7, 8 Lay them straight
9, 10 a Big Fat Hen
And all her friends, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and all their eggs and all their chicks!

No comments: