Monday, February 04, 2008

A promise of ice cream.

In one of the books my mom checked out of the library when she was here has a little boy eating an ice cream sundae. Every time we read it, Parker says, "Maybe tomorrow, we can have an ice cream with a spoon." I say, "Maybe. Maybe not" every time. But today, I gave him. I was going to take him to McDonalds because the sundaes are cheap and small, but decided we had had enough of he playplace for a while. So we went to the Emeryville Public Market. I remembered they had a gelato/soft serve place AND a ball pit area.

The soft serve was broken, so the nice lady made Parker a tiny gelato sundae with sprinkles and sauce. He was in heaven.



Then we went to the ball pit. It's a good ball bit. Wide. With a ledge for jumping. Not too deep, so he can still walk around. But with tons of balls. I thought the girls might like it. I was kinda wrong.




Then they saw Parker enjoying himself.



So they gave it another try. They mostly liked jumping off the ledge into it. And when I say 'Jumping', I mean carefully lowering themselves down very slowly.





Then they were off to the quarter rides. Daddy, who met up with us there, since it is 5 minutes from his work, was a sucker and let them both ride it.


No comments: