Saturday, February 09, 2008

There's a nightmare in my closet.

Last night, I pulled a couple unread books from the shelf to read to Parker. One was There's a nightmare in my closet. I can't remember where we got it, but it appeared to have the qualities of a good nighttime book: Short and without numbers. So, I read it to him once. The nightmares were pretty scary, but Parker didn't seem to notice. In fact, he didn't say much at all about the book.

The next morning we were playing with the kids upstairs in the morning. Parker asked Daddy to read him the nightmare book. Daddy had never seen the book before, but started to read it to him. Parker then said, "You skipped the part about the shooting it." Dad said, looking back in the book, "No, I didn't skip any parts." Parker insisted. So Daddy looked back again. Sure enough he had skipped a page.

The kid saw the book one time. I can't even remember my own birthday sometimes, but he memorizes complete books in one reading. Jeez.

No comments: