Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Eli discovers it's not a crib.

Although I thought Elizabeth realized early on the bed was not a crib, it appears tonight she has really understood the concept. She has gotten out of bed to bang on the door 8 times since going to bed over an hour ago. Miranda isn't really being bad, but she is following what Elizabeth does so each time I go in there, Miranda is standing right behind her holding all her sleep paraphernalia. I've given more milk, checked diapers, changed them from fleecey jammies to lighter one (thinking they might be hot), and rearranged covers and blankets. Each time, Elizabeth goes to bed and then 5 minutes later, gets up.

So, now she is screaming her head off in the "no crying zone". Which, of course, is actually a crying zone (a play pen) where I put the kids when they are screaming too much. It's usually quite effective, so I'll go back in soon and see if she is done with this nonsense. With laundry to fold, tv to watch, and bed to go to very soon, this really, really sucks.

Did I mention Michael is out of town? Damn.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Ouch. We knew this day would come.