Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Knowing Parker

I went to the elementary school today to register the girls for kindergarten (yes, we decided these fall birthday gals would be quite ready for kindergarten in 9 months despite the fact that they aren't doing double digit multiplication yet). I'm not even sure we'll be in this neighborhood as we have officially started the process to sell our house this spring, but I figured better have at least a choice rather than not. With Parker already at the school, they are essentially guaranteed a place.

While I was there, one of the admin's was showing the other one how to process the paperwork. They asked about siblings at the school and I told them Parker goes here. The one learning said, "Oh, Parker. He's a smart kid." "Yes. Yes he is," I responded.

Then later I said, "How do you know Parker?" She told me she worked in the cafeteria during lunch. Which means she supervises at least 100 students, but probably much more. I said, "Wow. You know all the kids by name?" She said, "No, but I know Parker. We talk about math a lot and the other coaches quiz him." Great.

Then I turn around and see a bulletin board in the principals office called the "Brag Wall" It has samples of kids work and there, on the side was one of Parker's math books. I exclaimed, "Oh, and I see Parker's work is there." She replied, "Oh yes, Parker's teacher is always bringing his stuff in." Super.

No comments: