Thursday, January 06, 2011

Worry unfounded.

Parker wasn't feeling well this morning which is quite unusual for him, so he stayed home from school. Within an hour, he was acting normally again so I suggested he do a puzzle or game or play on the computer. As soon as I said it, I regretted it thinking he would be on that thing all day. I checked on him a couple times while he was playing some addition baseball game and he seemed fine. I had an internal argument with myself about whether I should let the "sick" kid do whatever he wanted or make him get off the computer.

Then he comes out of his room with a book in hand and says, "I'm gonna read now." He plops down on the couch next to me where I was painting my (still un bitten) finger nails with more bitter crap. I ask him if he is going to read to me or if we should read our own books together. He said we would read our own books. I ask him if he is going to read out loud or in his head (which I've never seen him do, but we've discussed) and he says, in his head.

And that is what he has been doing ever since. (I, obviously, grabbed my lap top at some point.) He keeps flipping and flopping on the couch, changing positions, but reading silently the whole time. Every some often, he'll laugh or show me something. And I was worried about the computer...

No comments: