Friday, January 28, 2011

Not a fan of ballet.

Yesterday was the last day of the girls' trial ballet class. We only signed up for 4 weeks in case they didn't like it. Turns out, Miranda likes it and Elizabeth doesn't. My guess is that Elizabeth actually does like it, but since she is so contrary, she says she doesn't like anything. But, I didn't push it. So we dropped Miranda off at class, then went to the library and grabbed a Chinese lunch that we shared. It was actually quite nice sitting in the greasy hole in the wall place sharing a big plate of fried rice, chow mein and lemon chicken. She's a good eater and so am I. I guess Thursdays from 1-2 will be Elizabeth and Mommy time. And Miranda will get to do something on her own.

Speaking of on her own, Miranda is really becoming independent at school. She was never really clingy, but now she eats with her friends rather than me when I work. And when I'm not there, she sits separate from Elizabeth. She also runs around with a group of girls, playing fairy or butterfly or vampire. It's great to see. Elizabeth still is mostly doing her own thing and occasionally will talk with someone else. When asked who she likes at school, she says, "No one." Oh joy.

No comments: