Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Cookies

With another rainy day upon and not being able to go to any inside places for fear of Parker needing to use the potty while I dealing with twin meltdowns, I'm stuck inside (again) today. I tried to channel my sister again to think of something to do with the kids. Everyone was cranky (and Elizabeth even went to take a nap) so I figured some baking and cookies would do just the trick. Parker wasn't too into it until I explained that people who made chocolate chip cookies got to eat the chips as they went along. Making cookies with the kids wasn't the idealic moment one would hope for, but it served the purpose.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Next time try it the easy way...
http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp?brandid=1&page=corphome (thats the link to the Better Crocker cookie mix) it's quick and easy plus the cookies are pretty tasty. I found it much easier then getting all the ingredients out w all these kids!

Rachel said...

But that takes away all the fun of measuring out and dumping in, which Parker did seem to enjoy a bit. Sure, there's more flower all over the place, but now our kitchen counter is as messy as the rest of the house.