Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Vet

Since the whole family got shots this week, I thought it only fair that Zeke get some too. So I took him to a new vet today (I didn't think continuing to go to my place of employment was a good idea). Zeke hates his carrier, as most cats do. He usually poops shortly after being caged up. But this time we got to the vet without that excitement. Waiting to be called in, a crazy cat person (you know, the kind that wears tshirts with cats on them) started to try to talk to me. She wanted me to know all about her cats, kept asking me about mine, moving her cats so I could see them better, and telling me tales (no pun intended) of her "crazy, but sweet, semi feral, but handleable" cats. I tried my best to ignore her and give her the brush off, but she kept at it. I was bummed since one of the only perks about not working in an animal shelter anymore is that I don't have to listen to crazy cat people talk about their cats as if they are children. I have cats AND children, and I can tell you cats are not children. You don't see me walking around with a picture of my child on my tshirt so I'm certainly not going to do that with a cat. And since I do have both, I readily acknowledge that stories about my cats and my children are not as entertaining and charming to others as they are to me. (Except when read on a blog, of course.)

Anyway, we got in and out quickly, paid the incredibly large bill (a downside to not working in an animal shelter anymore) and left. Everyone is full immunized for at least another year. Phew!

No comments: