Monday, January 07, 2008

Losing Eli

This morning, the kids were all running around the house like crazy people. They would run back and forth laughing hysterically. They would go in and out of the trampoline, chase each other, and scream with delight.

Then all of a sudden, Parker said, "Where's Elizabeth?" I said I didn't know so got up to go look where I had last seen her (organizing the cat food cans). She wasn't there. I poked my head in the pantry. She wasn't there. I poked my head in the bedroom, she wasn't there. Not in the bathroom. Not the dining room. And not the living room where I was. With no choices left to search I thought I was losing my mind. It reminded me of the day after I adopted 4-week old Noe (16 years ago). I "lost" her behind the refridgerator for an hour or so and freaked out. Knowing that Eli was not behind the refridgerator, I checked the places again.

Sure enough, there she was sitting behind the green chair in their bedroom, tucked in the little nook under the bookshelf, reading 1-2-3 to the Zoo.

No comments: