Friday, January 18, 2008

The Dentist

Today I took all three kids to the dentist. Jenna, still home on winter break, joined me there to help with baby handling which was great because there was no way I could have done it alone. We arrived on time at 8:00. After some paperwork, we waited in the waiting room. At 8:25 we were called in. We were then put into a smaller waiting room to meet the dentist. (I picked this dentist because everyone in the twins group I'm in uses them as they specialize in kids and have an open floor plan.) We met with the doctor and then someone took all their pictures for the files I guess. Then we were moved into another room and waited there for what seemed like forever. 20 minutes later after all the kids were settled and calm, they moved us again into a smaller room. At this point, we had been there for 50 minutes without anyone looking at our teeth. Considering I had asked how long the appointment would be in total (an hour), I was a bit worried. But then the doctor came in.

Parker went first. I prepared the dentist by telling him Parker would most likely scream bloody murder. He asked Parker if he could count. When I heard that I knew we would be ok. He asked how many eyes he had, how many noses he had, how many ears he had, how many fingers he had and how many teeth he had. Parker let him look at his teeth without any problems. He was actually absolutely perfect. I was so impressed. As was the dentist who said his teeth were excellent.

He then saw Miranda and Elizabeth, who were not as happy as Parker about the whole thing. But it was quick, so relatively painless. They too had perfect teeth. The dentist was very pleased all around, as was I. He said that normally we would come back in 6 months but because they were so good, we could wait one year.

We packed up, paid (we don't have insurance) and left. Everyone had their own toothbrushes and Parker got some cool sunglasses too.

Let's hope the good teeth genetics hold up for another 20 years or so.












No comments: