Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Potty progress

I've been checking in with Parker every 10 minutes or so to see if he had to go pee, and he always says no. And then maybe once an hour I've been making him sit on the toilet anyway, where he is usually able to go pee. I will hand it to him, the kid's got a big bladder.

So this morning during the 10:30am forced pee, he peed substantially, and went poop as well, which is always cause for celebration, so we left the bathroom in triumph together.

10 minutes later, when I was thinking that we had a good 30 minute window before I started pestering him again, he walked over to the bathroom door and said, "I want to go pee some more." And sure enough, he went pee again. This is the first time he has gone in the toilet entirely of his own volition.

They grow up so fast.

No comments: