Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Lolly pops and Letters

Note: This is one of those blogs that if I was not the parent of the child I am speaking about, I would have almost no interest in the content. In fact, I read the blog of another twin mom who recently went through the same thing and now looking back, I can truly appreciate her excitement. At the time, I just thought she was nuts. But I digress.

Parker went through the whole day yesterday without any accidents. Which includes three big poops in the toilet. I'm not sure if he's getting better or if I am getting better watching for his signs, but something is working (today at least). Yesterday, twice I noticed him doing the "pee hold" (holding his pants at the crotch). We calmly walked to the bathroom where he did his business. Another time, I saw him with a strange expression and stance and we went to the bathroom for a poop.

He still can't really articulate when he needs to go, but when he finds himself in the bathroom he knows what to do. Sure, from time to time, he tells me how hard it is and how he can't do it. I just remind him that he 'has' done it and yes, sometimes, even for mommy, it's hard.

We're doing a combo toilet training method. A little prevention. A little bribery. (Probably how you are not suppose to do it.) Today, I told him he could have a lolly pop after lunch if he went poop before his nap. He told me didn't need to go right then, but then shortly later when asked again, he went in, sat down and went poop. He quickly ate his lunch and was very happy with his dum dum lolly pop. Yesterday, he got three letters from his letter book collection when he went three times. He picked G, U, and M.

Anyway, he's doing very well and we couldn't be happier.

No comments: