Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gymnastics Class

I took the girls to a make up gymnastics class today. We went to the one before Parker's so I asked Parker to sit quietly and play by himself during the girl's class. I brought books, markers, paper, a calculator and a write on board for him to play with. He did great for the first 35 minutes. When he started getting antsy, I let him join us for circle time. Then the girls and I went to the park nearby and Parker had his class. All the kids just love this stuff. Elizabeth is the best at it, but others do great too. My batteries died just as I was getting the perfect shot of both girls hanging from the uneven bars together. It was ridiculously cute. Elizabeth stands on the bottom bar and holds onto the top bar and then drops to a hang. It's crazy and other parents gasp when she does it. I thought today she would start swing around it or something. Oh, and yes, they are wearing leotards. Ever since I showed them one, Elizabeth demands to wear it to gymnastics class. Miranda doesn't care either way, but when she sees Eli in hers, she has to wear one too.


This was actually one of Eli's poorer performances and I started videoing late.






Eli did a real beam today and aced it. She'll be doing back handsprings in no time.


Quite a dismount, huh?


Parker did a great job being quiet and patient and I let him know many times over.

No comments: