Monday, October 06, 2008

Parker's Cough

Parker has been coughing since last Friday (10 days ago). He was out of school all last week and today. So I finally emailed the doctor. I didn't do this before because they never tell you anything useful with coughs. She got back to me at 11:05 and told me to come in to see her. So I checked the appts on line and there was one available at 11:45 that day. With all four of us still in our PJs at 11:15, I thought this would be a stretch, but I booked the appointment and then went into speed demon mode. Everyone peed. Parker got dressed himself. The girls got undressed themselves and I helped them get dressed. I got dressed, splashed some water on my face and we were all out other door in 17 minutes. Unbelieveable. It helps that I don't have to check for diapers or wipes or even snacks in this case. I just grapped my wallet, an extra change of clothes for the girls and ran. We made it to the appointment with 3 minutes to spare. Amazing.

Parker was a great big boy at the appointment today. He even seemed to like going there. She said he wasn't contagious, but did give him an inhaler for the wheezing. Hopefully that helps.

Oh and most importantly, she gave him a note so he could go to school on Wednesday.

Thank god.

No comments: