Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sushi dinner

We had sushi dinner with the kids on Friday night, which was their first Japanese dinner, and which they seemed to like. Miranda picked up a piece of cucumber avocado roll and bit into it like an apple. Parker was partial to the miso soup. And they all behaved well, especially considering the restaurant didn't have highchairs or boosters, so they all sat in regular chairs. I'd expected Elizabeth to be excited about the whole thing, because she seems to be the biggest fan of their book about sushi, but she didn't make the connection.

When we were done, Rachel left with the girls, while Parker and I stayed behind to pay the bill. When we were settled up, we walked toward the door, and as we passed the last large table and into the crowded waiting area, Parker announced to me, very clearly and loudly, "I farted!" The diners were all very amused, as was I.

No comments: