Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sleep update, or why god why!!?!!

We've about got Miranda's bedtime drama worked out. I put them to bed, and then she cries for 15 minutes, and then I go back in and put her back in bed and calm her down, and she goes to sleep. It's a bit more nuanced than that, but that's basically the story.

The middle of the night and morning drama is another story. She's waking up 2-5 times per night, and the later it is the more likely it'll involve screaming. Last night she was up at 12:30am, and went back to bed without too much trouble. Then she was up at 4:30am, and that time she screamed for 20 minutes when I put her back in bed. And then they were all up in their room at basically 5am. (I refuse to let them out of their room until 6am.)

Aside from being woken up, the other two kids are taking things in stride. During a lull in the commotion at 5:20am, I heard Parker singing Rock Island Line, and getting every word right: Oh the Rock Island Line is a mighty good road, well the Rock Island Line is a road to ride, yeah the Rock Island Line is a might good road, if you want to ride you've got to ride it like you find it get your ticket at the station on the Rock Island Line. If I hadn't been so delirous with lack of sleep, I'd have been proud.

No comments: