Thursday, March 05, 2009

Didn't get the memo.

I must have been out of the loop today, because it was apparently "national cry and throw tantrums for absolutely no reason" day. Everyone was fine until naps and then one by one as they woke they decided that screaming and crying and throwing themselves on the ground was good idea. I tried my best to be a nice, supportive, reasonable mom trying to listen to what the problem was, but when none of them actually wanted to tell me what was wrong and just wanted to bang their heads on the ground or cry into their pillows, I gave up.

I was able to get Parker out of his funk a bit later with a hug and some cupcakes for Ted (I should have known his birthday would be coming soon. He turned 10 today for about the 4th time.)



Then I put the swing up which helped too. Parker has finally learned how to pump himself and I was even able to get it on film.



The kids have actually been quite pleasant to be around in the morning (and when I say 'be around' I mean playing by themselves as I eat breakfast, pack lunches, take a shower, get dressed.). They spend a good deal of time reading books to their babies.


No comments: