Sunday, March 01, 2009

26.2

I ran the Napa Valley Marathon today. And by run, I mean that I maintained a continuous forward progress from the starting line to the finish line, 26.2 miles later.

I was expecting this to be a bit easier than the LA marathon, primarily because there are no hills to speak of, but I was mistaken, primarily, I think, because it rained throughout the entire race, and I was completely soaked within three miles, and bitterly cold through most of the race.

Rachel was nice enough to come to visit me with the kids at mile 18, which was extremely welcome. Not only was it a real lift to see the kids, but I was also able to take off my sodden shoes and socks and replace them with dry ones.



2 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment. You are simply amazing. I still have the picture from LA in a magnetic frame formerly attached to the frige at Avon Way, currently attached to the side of my computer. A daily reminder to persevere. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me.

Val said...

Go Michael!! Very impressive.