Monday, March 16, 2009

Tidbits

Elizabeth told her baby doll she was awesome today.

Miranda had a grumpy moment in daycare when she gave everyone the silent treatment. She does this often at home. Something offends her deeply and she just shuts down. When Barbara (the director of the place) told me about it, I asked Miranda why she got "grumpy". She said because she wanted more crackers. She shuts down so much that she can't just ask for more crackers. It's funny and sad at the same time.

Although we've re-arranged several rooms trying to get more space for these kids, we are still a bit short. Michael has agreed that we can get Parker a loft bed (like a bunk bed, but nothing underneath) to make some more room in their bedroom. Parker could not be more happy.

I've decided to run a half marathon in May. I'm looking forward to the challenge, but not necessarily all the running. ;)

I got a new jacket (yes, I'm still pissed at Bret) this weekend. It's more dressy than I've had before, but I think it should do nicely for everyday wear too.

Parker's favorite book this week is Stop that Pickle. We got it around December, but misplaced it (on the bookshelf) for a while and then found it again. For some reason, it just cracks him up.

Parker had a playdate with a neighborhood kid the other day. Finn is the son of the woman I am running with occassionally. They are the same age and seem to have the same interests (numbers, tracks, etc), so that is nice. Us moms are already talking about how we can help eachother out over the summer with some informal co-op.

Elizabeth is starting to get a lot of freckles. In high school I always thought Michael's freckles were incredibly cute. I don't notice them anymore. I wonder how many Elizabeth will get.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Since Elizabeth looks like my twin at that age, I am betting she will be very freckled in all the places the sun hits. I am wondering if her hair will turn red, mine did by the time I was hitting school age. It's a nice Ann Margaret kind of red though,not the carrot color, plus red hair is cool now, not so much when I was a kid. I have my fingers crossed!