Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pretend Elevator

The kids and I found ourselves in the back house today. Parker likes to play with the sliding door to the bathroom. He goes in the bathroom and then closes the door and says it's an elevator. Today he said, "I'm gonna go to the 9th floor and when I get there, there is going to be a lady there who looks like you, wearing the same clothes as you, sitting in a chair like you." He closed the door and then came out a few minutes later, announcing, "I'm here on the 9th floor now!" Then he got back in the bathroom, said he was going to go down to 1 and then home and slid the door closed. When he 'arrived' back on 1, he said, "Hi Mommy! I saw a lady that looks just like you on the 9th floor!"

I love shit like this. It reminds me that he isn't just a math freak. Something that is hard to do when he is multiplying numbers on the fridge all day long.

No comments: