Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bye Bye Pink Baby

When I asked the girls what they wanted to take to daycare today, Elizabeth said Pink Baby. She went to look for her, dumping out all the baby and stuffed animal baskets. No luck. I thought, Oh Wait, we took her yesterday so she must be in the car. No luck. I thought and thought and then remembered Elizabeth took her to the park yesterday. I specifically remember her putting her down on the sand and me thinking, "Not a good idea." I even said, "if you put her down, someone will take her." Elizabeth ignored me.

So this morning, we drove to the park and I looked for her. She was gone. I told Elizabeth that Pink Baby was living with another kid now and she was loved and cared for. I stated how nice it had been to have her for so long and now it was time for another kid to play with her. Elizabeth seemed to accept this immediately. Parker, on the other hand, who is the actual owner of Pink Baby but who never plays with her, was distressed. Miranda seemed more concerned about the big bad wolf that was in her purse.

I can't tell you how happy I am that Pink Baby is out of our life. Sure we could have thrown her away or hidden her, but to have her disappear like this is really the best solution. It wasn't my fault. I didn't have to lie (too much) about it. And I didn't have to go buy some other stupid pink baby.

Have a good life Pink Baby!

4 comments:

Kika said...

I found Pink Baby and gave her to Susan to give to you. Not so lucky after all ;)

Rachel said...

Damn it!

Michael said...

"My name is Talky Tina and I'm going to kill you."

Lori said...

Ahh, you crack me, up! I laughed out loud over this.