Friday, July 24, 2009

Miranda's Naps

Miranda hasn't taken a nap in what seems like forever. Sure, it's only been 4 days, but in my world, that is forever.

Monday: we drove down to LA so no nap. In fact, no one slept at all until the last 10 minutes where Eli passed out.
Tuesday:Put them down for naps in Amy's bed. Eli was asleep in minutes. Miranda never feel asleep but stayed there for a long time.
Wednesday: Miranda stayed at home with Julia and Amy while I took Eli and Parker to pool with Grammy and Ginny. Eli feel asleep on way home. Put Miranda down for naps in Oliver's bed with Julia. Although they stayed in their beds, no napping was had.
Thursday: We went to kidspace. No sleeping even on hot long car ride home.

So, today, I was really worried as 3 days tends to make a pattern (and habit). We hung around the house all morning with only a little trip to the park before lunch. I just put them down in their beds (in the playroom as the boys are all out or will be). Both were asleep before the end of walking cane.

I realize for non parents to Miranda this information is exceptionally dull. But to me, it was fantastic! If she was giving up naps, I was going to have to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

3 comments:

Amity said...

Right there with you, LOVE NAPS!!!! Mac doesn't nap anymore but I don't know what I'd do if Emily didn't nap!

Ebba said...

I will need your stick. Despite sticking to our routine, Allison is not napping any more. She's still getting left in her crib at nap time, where she shouts out over and over "I'm not tired, I want to play with you!" Yesterday she finally fell asleep for 45" and then after being put to bed at the usual 7:30pm didn't fall asleep till 10pm.

Unknown said...

thats the age Samantha gave up on the naps...it was hell at first but now I am one of those moms who pops a video in and lets her "relax" for an hour so I can do things while the twins nap...Sydney seems to be wanting to give them up but I jsut keep her in her room for the duration