Friday, July 17, 2009

Everyone Loves Shari

I took the kids to Shari's house today. She lives in Walnut Creek where it was god damn hot today and has a pool. Since Parker can swim now, outings to pool without a second adult are a lot easier now. I still have to keep an eye on him, but I don't have to be next to him at every moment.

Shari's little boy Adam just turned 1 and is probably the happiest kid I've ever met. He is a real fish and loved being in the water with the other kids. Elizabeth and Miranda wore life jacket things, but even with those Shari or I had to hold them or their hand the whole time.

After a nice long swim, we played inside and the kids decided that Shari was about the coolest person they had ever seen. They all wanted to play ball with her and sit on her lap. Fighting ensued.

We drove home and Eli fell asleep. When I moved her inside to the couch, she kept on sleeping. And stayed this way, even when Parker was playing the drums, for over an hour.


No comments: