Monday, August 03, 2009

Bubble Drinks

Whenever Michael or I are drinking anything, the kids want to know what it is. The answer "Mommy's Drink" is not really working any more. So we started using the actual name of the drink. "Coke" "Diet Cherry Coke Zero" "Dr Pepper" Parker used to ask to try a sip, but now he never does because as he says, "I don't like bubbly drinks." Same with Miranda.

But Elizabeth is different. She LOVES bubbly drinks. So much it scares me like she could suck back an entire can of coke if given the chance. Now, whenever she sees me drinking something that is not immediately identifiable as water or milk, she says, "I sure do like Bubbly drinks," smiling cutely as if she is the most precious thing on the planet. I respond, "I sure do too." She waits a while to ask for a sip, usually repeating, "I sure do like bubbly drinks" a bit louder. Then she asks, "Mama, may I please (yes, she really says that), have some of your drink?"

I think I'm going to have to stop drinking bubbly drinks.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Actually, what she usually says is "Mommy, please I have some of your dink."

Ebba said...

You could fill your cup with sparkling water which is bubbly but not sweet so that might cure her of wanting it. Or if she likes it at least it's just like drinking water...

Rachel said...

yeah, but who wants to drink sparkling water when you can have coke?

Unknown said...

i stopped drinking soda this year and have been drinking a lot of sparkling water with a splash of juice. I still water down my kids juice so sometimes they ask it with the bubbly water. Kerns Guava and sparkling water is like a little slice of heaven! Its really good with vodka too!!

Val said...

When Rachel Breuer diddn't want the kids to eat her food, she would call it spicy. As in, "Ooh, too spicy, you wouldn't like it." Even if it was chocolate cake. I wonder if Ollie and Abe ever got wise.