Saturday, August 08, 2009

Pretend

Yesterday, the girls were riding bikes while Parker was at camp. They were playing very well together, racing each other, calling to each other, generally being sweet. Miranda is incredibly creative and makes up little stories about where she is going and what she is doing. She points over to one end of the basketball court and says, "I'm going to the doctor over there." At one point they both rode over to me and Miranda stated that she was Aunt Kathleen. Elizabeth then said she was Aunt Lori. I asked who I was and they said Grandma Judy. Then we all had a conversation in our pretend personalities which they just loved. At one point Miranda forgot and called Eli, Elizabeth. I said, "Who?" She corrected herself and said, "Lori!" This went on and on. It was all ridiculously cute. Many twin moms have told me it gets better when they turn 3 in terms of playing with each other and really good at 4. So far, they seem to be correct.

No comments: