Thursday, August 06, 2009

Extra Pants

Whenever I leave the house, I take extra clothes for the kids with me. I almost always bring undies and pants for the girls in case of accidents, but also sometimes undies for Parker or extra shirts for everyone in case someone spills or plays with water.

I never, however, bring extra clothes for me. Which apparently is a mistake.

On Thursdays, we have a short period of time between camp and swim class so I usually keep the kids awake during nap time and we go do something. So today, we stopped for lunch at the Seabreeze cafe on University. (Every time we drive by there, I think of the fried shrimp and chips and since I driven by there every day for the last two weeks, I thought holding out that long was good enough and had to stop today.) I packed lunches for the kids, bought an orange juice for us all to share and we all sat at the counter to enjoy our lunches. Within 3 minutes, Miranda had spilled her teeny, tiny ketchup container of o.j. I cleaned it up. Then about 5 minutes later, Parker tried to get something from his lunch box and knocked over the orange juice all over my pants. I was soaked. So rather than go to Adventure Playground for an hour or so, we just went home so I could change. I was pissed and so was everyone else.

No comments: