Thursday, August 13, 2009

One small kitten. One happy girl.

A while ago, I got a crazy idea that it might be fun for the girls to foster some kittens. Miranda is such an animal nut that I thought she would like it the most. So I called someone who used to work for me who is now at another shelter to set it up. Unfortunately, another person who used to work for me that I fired and then who then threatened to sue me for something else, was the person in charge of fostering there. So I tried another shelter. Yes, another person who used to work for me was now working there. (The shelter world is an incestuous place.) No kittens available, but she'd call me when there were.

I got the call yesterday. One lone kitten needed some help. About 3 weeks, not really eating yet, yada, yada, yada. Not ideal for me, what the hell.

I picked up the kitten today while the girls were at daycare and Lori was playing with Parker. I then went to Pet Food Express to get some supplies like formula.

I went to get the girls and told Miranda I had a surprise for her at home. At home, she was so damn excited about the kitten. She wanted to hold it, sit with it, watch it, kiss it. Elizabeth was happy too, but not like Miranda. Parker couldn't care less.

They were generally pretty good with him, but did enjoy grabbing him or trying to pick him up. Since it's a tiny thing, I kept saying, Be Gentle. Be Gentle. They wanted to feed it milk, but since it's having such a hard time, I thought best to let me do that for now.

Let's just hope it doesn't die.







2 comments:

Kika said...

helloooo..hate to be the one to break the news to you, you aren't fostering that kitten, you just adopted it ;)

Rachel said...

Oh, Kika...you have so much to learn about me. I would never adopt a kitten. Give me a old, deaf, sick cat, but a kitten? I think not.