Saturday, November 24, 2007

Michael's Next

It seems I finally got what the kids had. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, but getting it later doesn't make it any better. Actually, it could not have come at a worse time. After planning to go out for nearly a month on my birthday, I started to feel sick Friday evening. Jenna had already come over and we were all set to go out. We did my birthday cake before we left so Parker could have some, put the girls down and then left. I felt ill, but figured it was the mound of mashed potatoes I had for lunch or the pre dinner cake snack. When we got to Kirala and got in with almost no wait (a true rarity), I started to feel really bad. After one bite of tamago, it was worse. I basically didn't eat anything else and escaped the restaurant just in time to throw up in a plastic bag I luckily had in the car.

We went home, I went to sleep in the back house an stayed there until 9:30 the next day. I still couldn't eat anyting and had a fever, so when Michael took the kids to the mall, I went back to sleep. I slept until they got home, had a bowl of cereal with them and then went back to sleep on the couch while everyone napped.

So...it was a pretty lame birthday since I couldn't really even enjoy my cake.

No comments: