Friday, November 30, 2007

Sassy

I'm taking care of a dog for a friend for a few days. She's a new dog (aka she just came from the shelter). For a variety of reasons including the shelter was going to PTS (put to sleep) the dog for a lameass reason, my friend adopted the dog, but couldn't bring her home for a few days. So here she is. She's a nice enough dog. Small, relatatively quiet, and sweet. She is also very jumpy and can find tiny holes in fences (but we won't discuss that here).

Miranda seems to love her. Parker likes talking to her and about her (Sassy, come here! Sassy wants to go on a walk.), but doesn't like getting near her. (Mommy, I need help getting the letter from Sassy!)

Elizabeth is sort of in between. She either squeals with delights when she sees her or immediately starts screaming. And there is no way to tell in advance which one it will be.

All if this reminds me that I'm not ready for another dog again. They are a lot of work and management and I think I can only manage myself and three other beings these days. And even that is questionable at times.

She sure is cute though...

No comments: