Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

We're skipping thanksgiving this year. Rachel is going to spend the weekend working on a consulting project she has been neglecting, and I am going to spend the weekend hanging out with the kids. This morning we all bundled up and headed out to Redwood Park, one of my favorite parks.



Redwood park is about three miles across, filled with lovely redwood trees, and features a great creekside running trail. It also features a little playground about a half mile in, which is where we headed.



I wanted to go to this park because it's in the middle of a big meadow, and so I wouldn't have to worry too much if the girls wandered off a bit. It didn't matter because they were very happy to climb on the structure and play in the sand.



I didn't take too many pictures, because I was occupied making sure neither of the girls fell off the play structure, which they didn't. Parker had a blast, running around and going down the twisty slide, and playing with a truck that some other kid had brought.

So even though there's no turkey today, I did get to spend a nice hour being thankful for the East Bay Regional Parks Department, and for having three such great kids.

No comments: